Accessibility statement City of David
The City of David Foundation invest the utmost efforts and many resources, to provide all of its clients with equal, respectable, accessible and professional services. In accordance with the 1998 Equal Rights for People with Disabilities Law, and the regulations enacted thereunder, a lot of effort and resources are invested, making the necessary accessibility adjustments, which will enable a person with a disability to independently and equally receive the services provided to the general public.
BUILDING ACCESSIBILITY ARRANGEMENTS
Below are the accessibility arrangements at the various City of David Sites:
The City of David National Park
- Within the City of David National Park, which due to its archaeological nature includes many steps, the foundation works for accessible solutions. On the site, in cooperation with the Social Security services, they created models for people with visual and hearing disabilities, which offer a variety of solutions based on experience, touch and spatial orientation.
- The Night Show and other tourist attractions that the City of David has to offer on site, offer solutions for people with impaired hearing while using headphones to amplify the sounds and experiences.
- The City of David offers a cognitively accessible tour created in collaboration with AKIM, and enables information to be accessible to people with cognitive disabilities, using adapted resources to get a deeper sense and understanding of the site and its historical activity.
Emek Zurim National Park
This City of David site is handycape accessible and offers the following to its visitors:
- Handy cape parking
- Handy cape bathrooms
- Accessible reception desk
- The sifting project is fully wheelchair accessible. The introduction to the sifting offers accessible chairs as well as sifting stations that are wheelchair accessible.
The Peace Forest Camping Site
The Peace Forest Camping site is an urban camping ground located in the heart of Jerusalem.
On the camping grounds there is:
- An accessible camping area that is accessible and offers direct access from your car, and has a designated bathroom for handy cape accessibility.
The Guy Ben Hinom- Agricultural Farm
- At the farm, accessible activities are offered including agricultural farming tours, use of ancient farming tools and a hands-on workshops such as: making pita bread on a tabun, creating perfume from scratch and harvesting herbs.
- To book your accessible tours please contact the City of David Foundation visitor center.
Accessible customer service
- Entry to the audience reception center is allowed for a service animal designed to assist a person with a disability.Guide dogs for the blind are allowed
- It is possible to get an exemption from a permit for those entitled to it upon presentation of a certificate.
- In case of need, you can contact the service representatives at the stations to receive assistance in filling out forms.
- Employee trainings for accessible service – trainings are held to familiarize the field of accessibility, create awareness among employees and provide practical tools for providing accessible service.
- An accessible call center – the voice response has been made accessible so that the information is conveyed in clear language and without background music.
Please contact us by one of the following methods:
An accessible website is a website that allows people with disabilities and elderly people to browse with the same amount of efficiency and pleasure as other browsers. About 20 to 25% of the population face difficulty when using the internet, and may benefit from more accessible web content, says a 2003 Microsoft study.
The City of David Foundation believes in, and works to create equal opportunities on the internet space, for individuals with various disabilities, and for people using assistive technology for computer usage.
INFORMATION ON WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY
This site is in compliance with the 2013 Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities Regulations (Accessibility Adjustments for Service).
- Accessibility adjustments were done in accordance with the recommendations of the Israeli Standard (ISR 5568) for Web Content Accessibility at AA level, and the international WCAG2.0 standard.
- The trials were tested for the highest compatibility for Chrome browser.
- The website provides a semantic structure for assistive technologies, and supports the standard operation patters using a keyboard, with the arrows, Enter and Esc-for exiting menus and windows.
- Adjusted for display in popular browsers, and for use on mobile phones.
- Documents or videos uploaded to the site before October 2017 may not be fully accessible. If you come across such a document or video, you can contact us and we will make sure to make the information accessible to you.
- Delivery of information in an accessible format – the company offers its customers the option of receiving information in accessible formats. The provision of information is free of charge and is intended for people with disabilities. For inquiries and information regarding accessibility, you can contact the accessibility coordinator of the company, the details of which appear later in the statement.
- For maximizing the browsing experience with a screen reading software, we recommend using the latest NVDA program.
- A-2-Z Internet Accessibility and Marketing leading consultants performed the accessibility audit for the website
CONTACT WAYS FOR REQUESTS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING ACCESSIBILITY
It should be noted that we continue our efforts to improve the company accessibility, as part of our commitment to enable an accessible service to the general public, including people with disabilities.
Should you encounter any problem or issue with accessibility, please let us know, and we will make every effort to find a suitable solution, and handle the problem as soon as possible.
Last Updated: 20.12.2022